Passive Stage Guidance
The SkillELECTRIC Passive task is now available to download from one of the links below:
For android devices – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clay10.skillselectric
For iOS devices – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/skillelectric/id1609226668
You can log in from Monday 25 April 10:00 until Tuesday 26 April 22:00 with the unique one-time use log that was sent to you
Good luck and if you have any queries please get in touch.
Here are a few tips before you independently take part in the SkillELECTRIC Passive task:
- Download the app in advance of 25 April when you receive the link and be ready to work through the task in a quiet place so that you can hear all the instructions.
- This is a one-time log in and you will only be able to complete the task once, so keep your log in details safe and have them to hand for the time and date you have selected .
- Save the date in your diary for when you have chosen to complete the Passive task.
- We recommend you have a pen and paper ready for one of the tasks.
- Each task has a time limit which you’ll be told at the start of each task.
- Once the task starts you won’t be able to pause it, so get comfortable and manage your time well. Eat in advance and use the toilet so that you don’t waste valuable time.
- Remain calm and take time to read each question carefully, to be clear on what you are being asked to do. Once you have submitted an answer, you may not have the option to go back and change it. If you are able to go back from a section of a task you will see a back button in the top left-hand corner.
- There are a number of marks available for this task, where there is the option to go back to the previous screen or question, please note that you will lose half a mark each time you press the back button. So be sure before you decide to do this.
- Where you need to make a connection with a probe, terminal or cable, listen out for a sound to ensure your connection has been made properly
- Make sure your device is fully charged and you have a charger to hand just in case.
- Check the audio on your device is loud and clear so that you can hear the instructions and any sounds within the app.
- We recommend that you change the settings on your device to not auto-lock as you may waste time unlocking it.