Entry Stage Instructions
The SkillELECTRIC Entry Stage is now available to download from one of the links below:
You can log in from Monday 27 March 10:00 until Tuesday 28 March 22:00 with the unique one-time use login that will be sent to you.
Good luck and if you have any queries please contact Jennie Phung or message 07588 640405.
Take a look at our tips and advice before you start:
- Download the app in advance of 27th March and be ready to work through the task in a quiet place so that you can hear all the instructions.
- This is a one-time log in and you will only be able to complete the task once, so keep your log in details safe and have them to hand for when you need them.
- Save the 27 / 28th in your diary and keep the hour free.
- We recommend you have a pen and paper ready for one of the tasks.
- If you log in before 10:00 on Monday 27th March or after 22:00 on Tuesday 28th March 22:00 your score will not be recorded and you will forfeit your place in the competition.
On the day of the task – getting ready:
- Make sure your device is fully charged and you have a charger to hand just in case.
- Check the audio on your device is loud and clear so that you can hear the instructions and any sounds within the app.
- We recommend you change the settings on your device to not auto-lock, as you may waste time unlocking it.
- Once the task starts you won’t be able to pause it, so get comfortable and manage your time well. Eat in advance and use the toilet so that you don’t waste valuable time.
Once you start…
- Each task has a time limit – you’ll be told what time you have at the start of each task.
- Remain calm and read each question carefully, to be clear on what you are being asked to do.
- Once you have submitted an answer, you may not have the option to go back and change it. If you are able to go back, you will see a back button in the top left-hand corner.
- There are a number of marks available for each task. Where there is the option to go back to the previous screen or question, you will lose half a mark each time you press the back button. So be sure before you decide to do this.
- Where you need to make a connection with a probe, terminal or cable, listen out for a sound to ensure your connection has been made properly.