Due to the developing Covid-19 situation, competition activity has been postponed until further notice. You can read further guidance and FAQ on the WorldSkills UK website.
You can register for SkillELECTRIC on the WorldSkills UK website between 2 March and 2 April 2020.
The registration process is managed by WorldSkills UK and so unfortunately NET will not be able to answer any questions about registration. You can contact WorldSkills UK via the following routes: T: 0800 612 0742 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to know before you register:
1. Places are limited so registration is on a first come, first served basis.
2. Unlike previous years you will not be able to select a venue for your heat. You will be able to view the full list of regional heats on the WSUK website (also shown below) and select a 1st and 2nd preference. After 2nd April NET will allocate completed registrations on a first come, first served basis. Where a candidate’s preference is not possible, they will be offered any other remaining venues.
3. You’ll need the following information to hand during the registration process:
- Competitor’s full name
- Competitor’s mobile number
- Competitor’s email address
- Competitor’s full postal address
- Competitor’s DOB
- Competitor’s apprenticeship status
- Competitor’s current or historical apprenticeship course
- If the competitor is associated with any other organisation e.g. another training provider or managing agent.
4. Competitors should be an apprentice electrician working in the electrotechnical industry and are working towards or having achieved their Level 3 qualification within the last 12 months. Competitors must be familiar with the Core Competencies and meet the attributes set out in the Talent Spotting Checklist, both of which are found in the Pre-Competition Manual.
5. To help you prepare for the live competition, use the Pre-Competition Activity pack along with the Training to Succeed Manual.
6. NET is a Competition Organising Partner with WorldSkills UK. WorldSkills UK only share with us the personal information necessary for us to ensure that you can compete. We do not have access to any sensitive information you share with them from any of the sections marked ‘optional’. If you are concerned about this or would like further details please contact WorldSkills UK.
SkillELECTRIC 2020 Regional Qualifier dates and venues
Tuesday 28 April: Chichester College
Tuesday 05 May: South Devon College, Paignton
Thursday 07 May: Leicester College
Tuesday 19 May: CITB NI Nutts Corner Training Centre, Crumlin
Tuesday 02 June: Neath Port Talbot College Group – Neath Campus
Thursday 04 June: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College, Bristol
Thursday 11 June: Forth Valley College, Falkirk
Thursday 18 June: JTL Oxford Training Centre, Abingdon
Tuesday 30 June: Burnley College